Properties of ABarcode ActiveX Control
are the properties you can adjust for the barcode control.
NOTE: all the barcode sizing parameters are in centimeters.
- BackColor: the background color of the barcode.
- Font: the font of the human readable text.
- ForeColor: the color of the bars and text.
- LeftMargin: the space of the left margin in centimeters. The same
space applies to the right margin when the Autosize property is set.
- NarrowBarWidth: width in centimeters of the narrowest bar. Also
- Orientation: sets the orientation of the barcode. Valid values
are Horizontal, Vertical (bottom to right), Inverted, and Vertical inverted
(bottom to left).
- Symbology: type of barcode to be used. Look at the
Symbologies chapter for information about the
available symbologies for ABarcode.
- TopMargin: the top margin in centimeters. Also applied to the
bottom margin when Autosize is set.
- ValueToEncode: data to be encoded in the barcode. It has no
effect if you connect the control to a data source.
- Autosize: set this option to True if you want the dimensions of
the control to be automatically adjusted to the barcode inside.
- AddCheckDigit: adds a check digit to the barcode. Only applies to
symbologies that do not require check digit: Code39, Extended Code 39, Codabar,
Interleaved 2 of
5, and RoyalMail. This option is ignored for the rest of symbologies since
the check digit is always required.
- AddCheckDigitToText: adds the check digit to the human readable
text. This option is ignored when the previous one is ignored too, since for
symbologies where a check digit is required, the specification indicates
whether the check digit must be shown.
- BarHeight: the height of the bars in centimeters. This option has
no effect for bidimensional barcodes (PDF417 and Code16K) which use the
- CodabarStartChar - CodabarStopChar: start and stop
characters for Codabar. Valid values are A, B, C or D.
- Code11TwoCheckDigits: set to True for ABarcode to add the
optional second check digit to a Code 11 barcode.
- Code128CharSet: select the set of characters to be used in Code
128. AUTO is recommended..
- EANUPCAddOn: number of digits for the EAN/UPC supplement.
- ITF14BearerBars: indicates whether bearer bars must be drawn for
- ITF14BearerBarsWidth: width of the bearer bars, in centimeters.
- PDFColumns: number of columns for PDF417, between 0 and 30.
Automatically computed if 0.
- PDFEccLevel: error correction level for PDF417.
Auto is recommended.
- PDFRows: number of rows for PDF417, between 3 and 90. You can set
to zero for ABarcode to automatically compute it.
- ShowText: set to True to print the human readable code below the
bars. Ignored for 2-D symbologies.
- WideToNarrowRatio: wide to narrow ratio for symbologies that only
use two bar widths: Code11, Code39,
Codabar and Interleaved 2 of 5. Usually between 2 and 3.
- YDimension: height to width ratio for 2D symbologies. The actual
height of each row is the NarrowBarWidth multiplied by YDimension.
This is the custom property page of ABarcode ActiveX. You will see this one
when using our wizards.